Monday, June 20, 2011

Woche Zweiundzwanzig

Hallo meine geliebter Familie und Freunde. Es war ein ganz wunderbar Woche hier in Nordhausen! Es gab so viele Gelegenheiten zu wachsen und lernen und auch das Evangelium Predigen. Ich empfange eine starker Zeugnis jede Woche, und eine besser Verstandnis von mein Ziel als einem Missionar. Danke Schön dass ihr für mich gebetet habt.

Well, it sounds like there was an enjoyable week in Italy. I'm a little jealous, but I'm content with what the Lord has allotted me. It sounds like you have had some interesting, fun, and great experiences. I hope to go back to Austria someday. My German still has lots and lots of room for improvement. I think I can usually understand people, but sometimes its hard to communicate exactly what I want. The Spirit always helps.

It was a great week here in Nordhausen. Elder Anderson and I enjoyed our last couple days together, and I was getting near tears actually because we got along so well, and we had just a great relationship. Elder Lewis came in, and is still trying to get the hang of things in Nordhausen. He's in his 5 transfer, so we are both really new, me being on my third. It's stretched me a lot to be the one who leads out, and it's harder than I thought it would be. Elder Lewis is pretty tall Julie, I don't know exactly, but I'd say probably 6'3". Elder Lewis is different, and different than me. We get along pretty well, but I should step it up a notch though and really reach out and love him a lot more. I know that I'm exactly where the Lord wants me, and with Elder Lewis. I'm so excited to learn and grow with him, because he's super smart, analytical, diligent, reliable, humble, enthusiastic, full of faith and hope, and a great Elder. I'm super excited to labor in the city of Nordhausen with him.

This week, we knocked on a lot of doors and it rained a ton! It doesn't work so well. There was also a crazy festival in Nordhausen, that had more people than I've ever seen here. It lasted a few days and our numbers were low on those days. I thought it was funny. We tried contacting near this festival, but no one wanted to talk with us. Teenagers would yell at us, call us ugly, yell Satan at us, and all kinds of things. I laugh thinking about it. Everyone was at this festival and hardly anyone wanted to talk to us. It was a trying week. Mosiah 23:21 was a good scripture for me to think about though. Sometimes just being out in the rain, being rejected a lot, it can be hard, but with the Lord we can always overcome it. Sometimes the Lord is just proving us, just like He did with Zions Camp. I loved this week, it was great because I did my best to help other people come unto Christ!

Our investigators seem to be not as strong, and it's a challenge to help them. The main problem though is they need friends. They need members, to friendship and help them along the way. We are trying to get the members really involved though. Last night we had a really cool experience. We ate with this old sister who really struggles with fear of missionary work. We testified that God is a God of miracles, and we gave her a Book of Mormon to give out, and write her testimony in, and invite them to be taught by us. The thought came to me as we taught that Sch. Keuthmann would cross paths this week with someone ready for the gospel and promised that if she would pray everyday for an opportunity she would have it. I truly believe that was true. I hope she does it as we follow up with her. Once the members get involved the work explodes. Once the Lamanite King became a member missionary, Ammon and his brethren helped thousands be converted. It's the same today. Members must be helped in doing their responsibilities. Members must be involved.

Prayer is real and we can really communicate with Heavenly Father. He hears and answers our prayers if we listen and have faith. I love my priveledge to serve here as a representative of Jesus Christ. I have found that there is nothing more joyful than doing this work. There is nothing better than feeling the Spirit. I know that Jesus Christ, and God love us, and know us and understand us perfectly. They are so patient. I know that there are people ready for the Gospel even here in Nordhausen. I've seen it, and I know the field is white already to harvest. The Book of Mormon is true. President Monson is a prophet of God, and the Lord is a God of miracles. God loves all of His children. I know this is God's work. That this church is His Church, by His authority. I know I'm called of God, and we have the message of love, peace, and joy that everyone in the world needs. I've come closer and closer to my Savior, and I love Jesus Christ. Ich habe euch Liebe. Habt eine Gute Woche!

Mit Viel Liebe,

Elder Matthew Liddle

No comments: