Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Woche Neunzehn

Hallo meine geliebter Geschwistern! [Hello my beloved siblings.] Ich hatte eine ganz gute Zeit in Nordhausen diese Woche. [I had a totally great time in Nordhausen this week.] Ich liebe es so viel, und ich habe viel liebe für mein Mitarbeiter Elder Anderson. [I love it so much, and I love my companion Elder Anderson.] Ich habe etwas lustig gemacht. [I did something fun.] Letzte nacht musste er telefonieren leute für ein Stunde und so ich habe seine Schuhe erschienen. [Last night he had to phone people for an hour, and so I shined his shoes.] Heute war er verwirrt warum seine Schuhe war so gut. [Today he wondered why his shoes were so nice.] Ich denke er weisst nicht dass ich habe das getan! [I think he doesn't know that I did it!] Und meine Familie, Wilkommen diese Nächste Woche in Österreich. [And my family, welcome to Austria this week.] Haben Sie ein sehr gutes Zeit Zusammen! [Have a very nice time together!]

Well, it has been a really great week, and thanks Mom for the package, and all the letters from everyone. It's great to hear from you. This past week was really crazy with all that happened. After last monday we rode to Erfurt with our investigator [___], and went on splits. I was in a "dritt" we call it, (a three-some companionship) for 2 days while Elder Anderson was in a leadership conference. We were in the city of Weimar, really famous for art, Johann Göthe, and some other things. It's a beautiful city, but it was pretty hard working in a dritt. It pushed me a lot, and helped me stretch though in a way I couldn't have in any other way. It helped me realize how much I love Elder Anderson as well, and how great of a missionary he is.

Finally Wednesday night with delays in trains and everything, an Elder stationed in Weimar came on a split with me back to Nordhausen. We ended up getting back around Midnight! The next day was hard to work, but we just did it and we found a really golden investigator. He is a kidney cancer survivor, and has made a firm decision to build a relationship with God and follow Jesus Christ. He even stood up to his friends right in front of us. We had a ton of success as we just talked to everyone.

Elder Anderson and I were finally back together in Nordhausen on Friday at District Meeting. Elder Gassman was there too (he's an assistant that was once in Nordhausen). When I saw Elder Anderson, I had missed him so much I ran up to him and gave him a big hug saying, "where have you been all my life!?" It was a hard week without him. Elder Anderson works so hard, is so loving, and he really looks out for me and helps me. He supports me and my desires, he serves me, he helps me, and I wouldn't be half the missionary I am without him. He has shown me how to work hard, love the people, face and accept rejection with gladness of heart, he has taught me so much, and brought me up in the ways of an excellent missionary. The Lord knew we were to be together as I needed to be trained by him. Präsident Ninow knew before he even met me that Elder Anderson was to be my trainer. That's how wonderful our companionship has been. I try to serve, love, and help him. Elder Anderson is the man!

Our branch is doing great. We have 2 investigators that are so great we want to set baptismal dates with them this week. Their names are [___] and [___] and these 2 I can testify we were led to by God. I believe they are ready. Some of the members are getting really excited about missionary work especially with a special fast this next week for people in the Europe Area to be more open to the Gospel. Everyone is to bring someone to church this month, and it will hopefully be a great success. We are finding lots of investigators and having a lot of success, even here in East Germany. I don't know if we could handle many more investigators. I may only have 2 more weeks here in Nordhausen, which would be sad. I love the people here, and I love serving the Lord.

This less active man we love so much will not accept the gospel and come back in. We went to a beautiful town called Stolberg with him that was just gorgeous, but he isn't too open to being involved in Church. It breaks my heart, but people have their Entscheidungsfreiheit [agency].

I love my mission, I'm learning how to become better little by little. I testify that nothing is better than serving the Lord and nothing brings so much joy as being His servant. I will never forget the exceeding joy the Spirit brings to me, as the Lord opens my mind and mouth and in those special moments speaks to His children through me as I plead with Him to do so. How sacred is the calling to be a missionary for Jesus Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the World. How wonderful and joyful it is to be working in the Lord's Vineyard. I love Jesus Christ, and Heavenly Father, and I love feeling of the Holy Ghost. His presence is the greatest present. I love you all, and may God all help us as we strive to become instrument in His hands. I know I need all the help I can get. All flesh is in His hands. Have a great week, enjoy it, love it, and work hard.

Mit Viel Liebe,

Elder Matthew Liddle

No comments: