Monday, May 23, 2011

Woche Achtzehn

Hallo Guten Tag!

Ich habe es so viel hier geliebt. [I love it here.] This week was great. Thanks so much everyone for the wonderful prayers and letters everyone has sent me. It means a lot, and I think we need as much help as we can get in this work. It's been tough, but things are going well. That's so awesome Spencer is going into the MTC this week! Good luck! It'll be awesome! Jake, Happy birthday yesterday! I hope you had a good one!

We have had a good week! We fell way short of our goals this week, but it just goes to show how we need to really follow up and focus on the small things. Even when we don't see success, we be success. We lost most of our investigators from the last week unfortunately, but its hard sometimes. I think we'll be dropping Andy, the awesome Andy, because he's not keeping commitments, and progressing. It's so sad to see people reject it, not choose the right, the thing that will make them most happy. It's what happens though and life moves on.

Last week I don't know if I said anything about Janos (Yawnosh), the awesome Romanian man, but he is progressing really well, he's super reliant and willing to do his part. He is just the most optimistic, purpose driven man ever. We have had a few lessons with him this week, and things seem to be going really good. My favorite thing he said, "You know, I think the greatest gift God has given us is the ability to choose how to live our lifes." (Wow, he should be teaching the lessons) We will even be playing basketball with him this p-day. We have a really good relationship and we think we'll set a baptismal date with him either this week or next week. He is a self-employed businessman, and we just love him.

We had interviews with Präsident Ninow this past weekend, and Distrikt Konferenz (like Stake Conference) in Erfurt. Präsident Ninow is the most awesome man, and knows exactly how to say the right things. He told me I should start speaking German 24/7, and to just do it. Be persistent and diligent and be patient and I'll become the missionary I want to be. I love the Ninows! Präsident is called of God. I know that. Distrikt Konferenz was cool, Elder Boom from Niederland came and spoke and Präsident Ninow as well. As we keep the commandments we will be filled with a greater love from the Father, and we'll we get more faith, and so much more! It's just one of the greatest things to focus on, obedience.

As I see how the work is going, and hear things of the dedication of Germany for Missionary work, I realize the members must work! We really need to strengthen the members and teach them, and help them feel comfortable with reaching out to their friends. We've been trying to reach out to less active members and some are just closed off, but one man really opened up to us this week and we were able to teach him some. We should all ask ourselves how we can do our part as missionaries, and follow the Spirit to do it. We are also going to be doing Duty to God with the men in our branch. Even though they aren't young men, I know that inspired program from the brethren is good for us all. The Duty to God program is exactly what missionaries do.

It's so awesome to see Miracles everyday, just as Lehi and his family saw miracles in the wilderness! God really has his hand in all of our lives. He never leaves us alone. His arm is always extended to us. I know this. I'm so grateful for everthing I have, and the opportunities to serve. The Lord strengthens me so much, makes my German so much better, and guides me with the Holy Ghost as I heed diligently unto it. I know that we can all make a difference and make many miracles come to pass through Faith on the Jesus Christ. I love Jesus Christ, and I know that He has called men to lead and guide His church! I know that President Monson is called of God, and I know the Book of Mormon is true! I love you all, and I think you are the greatest! Jesus Christus ist der Erlöser der Welt, und er liebt uns. Ich weiß dass mein Erlöser lebt! [Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of the World, and he loves us. I know that my Redeemer lives!]

Mit Liebe, in der Weingarten des Vaters, [With love, in the Father's vineyard,]

Elder Liddle

No comments: