Guten Tag und guten morgen meine leibe Geschwistern!
Hoffentlich alles geht gut bei euch! Ich liebe meine Mission und dienst für den Herrn.
This past week was really amazing! I loved it. I had an especially cool experience monday night, and tuesday as I prayed pretty mightily. I received ideas, thoughts, and feelings that looking back at it must have been from the Holy Ghost. I pleaded with the Lord that He would loose my tongue and that He would speak through me to His children. In Preach My Gospel Gordon B. Hinckley promises those who do this that they will see a new light in their lives, and find more success, peace, joy, and happiness. It's something we should always ask for in humility realizing that we are serving the Almighty God. We have a wonderful family in our ward who are preparing for the Temple to go be endowed and sealed as a family. They said they would pay tithing next month because this month they had too many medical expenses set, but that they will start the next month. Everyone felt ok about it, but after we moved on to other topics, pretty soon I felt constrained, uncomfortable, and couldn't leave without saying the words the Lord would have them hear. I felt like Nephi and Jacob when they were constrained by the Spirit to speak their words. I knew that they needed to pay tithing this month, and that I had to bear strong testimony of it. I spoke in English because I didn't know how to say it in German. That didn't matter because the Lord did speak through me, and the Holy Ghost touched their hearts. It was really wonderful and powerful.
I guess I should write about what we do on P-day since a lot of people have asked about that. We study til 11 like normal and then we go shop, clean, some times on an activity, do laundry, eat ice cream (that is a must), and one time we went to a man's house trying to drill holes in his wall to put up blinds. Well, the wall was concrete and we spent 2 hours and made 2 holes and bent a drill bit because it became so hot. We end P day at 6 and it seems really short. We have a lot of Good times Elder Anderson and I.
We've had a lot of good times this week, we had a split and I stayed in Nordhausen and another new Golden, just like me came and we worked here at Nordhausen. It was hard to understand and communicate perfectly, but we had a great time proselyting in the rain. We also went and visited the two most jolliest men the world has ever known, Edgar and Rolf. They are big men who just love to have fun and joke around with each other. They laugh so loud it is so funny. I don't even understand what they say all the time, but I still laugh. Hopefully we can get them to come back into the ward because they are right now less active.
I love my Mission and the opportunity to serve the Lord. There are so many things that we can do as people to serve the Lord in creative ways we don't even imagine. We underestimate what we can do with the Lord, and we limit ourselves in our thoughts and beliefs far too often. This week, I'm tired of being limited. We can really do anything with the Lord. Just like David faced Goliath, and had no fear, we should not have any fear either because the Lord takes care of all those who serve him. Who cares who is against us. Choose ye this day whom ye will serve... but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. My companion and I this week have committed to do everything in our power to show the Lord we are His servants so that the Lord and His heavens cannot withhold any blessings from us. What more can I say, It's going to be a great week. I loved talking with my family last night, that was super awesome! I love you all so much! Have a good week.
Mit Liebe,
Elder Matthew J Liddle
P.S. I forgot to mention one of the coolest parts of the week! We helped an investigator who harvests bee honey, and he told us how bees work and it blows my mind how awesome they are. They are so genius, and work together as a strong team. We should be as smart and hardworking as bees and we'd be well off.
No comments:
Post a Comment