Monday, May 2, 2011

Woche Fünfzehn

Guten Tag von Nordhausen Deutschland!

It sounds like things went great this week. I'm glad [Stake] Conference was so good. I'll talk to you on Mothers day as well. That will be awesome. I am so happy! I just want to say real quick that I am really happy being in the service of my Lord. This week, we worked so hard that my feet almost fell off! Maybe that's an exaggeration, but we had an amazing week! We also got our transfer calls for this next transfer, and luckily I am staying in Nordhausen for at least one more. My companion became district leader now though, so that will give me an opportunity to do more splits and learn from other missionaries. That'll be a great time.

This week has been the best. We set a goal of finding 7 investigators, we have only found 4 in a week before, but we set out a plan and did as much as we could to accomplish it. We stepped up and the last 2 days; we still needed 5 more investigators so that we literally talked with everyone. We are getting the members excited and are trying to involve them as much as possible (our wonderful little branch of 15). We really were talking to everyone though. We would cross the streets, walk back and forth on the sidewalks, knock on doors. Everything, anything we could. We were going at it fiercely, and intensely for our Savior. Rarely people would walk away from us without feeling the Spirit, and knowing what we are all about. I even went up to a tour group and interrupted their tour to let them know that I know we are all children of God, and that He loves us. (The tour guide wasn't too happy and told us to go away.) [Editor's Note: I'm not sure this is a recommended strategy for missionaries.] Even still, I want to serve the best I can, and talk to everyone. We bore powerful testimonies this week, and I love feeling the Spirit and bearing testimony everyday, all day. Saturday and Sunday I actually felt like a true missionary. I wasn't just doing missionary things, I truly loved the people, I tried to edify the people and share this wonderful message of happiness. I felt more joy that day than ever before. It was such a wonderful experience. Sharing the gospel is the best! We really tried to get our goal, but the last day as we had our plan, we threw it out the window to take care of something more important. And that's an individual person that needed our attention. We didn't reach our goal, but I felt so much love last night for that man, and we did what Jesus would have done. Eternity and salvation are really at stake.

Yesterday I met a man from Ireland, and spoke some Irish with him. He said to us as we left, "Ya take care now laddies," He said that, he did. I should have said, "Top of the Morning to Ya." Next time I will. It was awesome to speak with an Irish man. We have funny experiences, we have sad experiences, but most of all we have wonderful, learning, spiritual experiences. We are becoming succesful in the hands of our Lord.

This week I have grown so much, and I know that if I always serve with so much heart, might, mind, and strength, I'll become a great tool in the hands of God. "Faith, hope, charity, and love with an eye single to the glory of God qualify him for the work." I love Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. I love you, each one of you. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that He supports us, He carries us and gives us strength. I know that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father and that He loves us so much. I know that we can talk with God. He can talk with us when we pray to him. I know Pres. Monson is a prophet of God and that I am working in the Lord's vineyard. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I couldn't do it without you. You are my miracles. Have an awesome week and keep up the good work.

Mit Liebe,

Elder Matthew Liddle

P.S. It's exciting hearing about the missionaries I know getting their calls and going. I hope all is going good, and Spencer Baker is probably going in this week to the MTC I'm so excited for him! He'll be an awesome missionary! My confidence is in him, and all going to serve the Lord.

No comments: