Hallo! Guten Morgen von Deutschland!! We had quite the exciting week. It was a week of Miracles. Thank you for your wonderful letters on blessings from the commandments, and Mike happy birthday yesterday!
First thing I want to say is about the ATM's. Yes, my card got eaten up, and I didn't get any money. I hope no money was taken out because I didn't get any. If so, that's probably a problem. I would like my card as soon as possible, because I need to buy some more socks. I think I'll be okay with money.
Now, on to more important things. We just ran like Ninja's to catch the straßenbahn to get down here. I love running! It was awesome! We run to catch the Bahn's quite often because it seems like we are usually a little late for them each time. This week though was so awesome. We focused a lot on Obedience this week and it really payed off. On Monday we found an awesome investigator. We hope she'll be soon baptized. Right after that we were just super excited and better yet, the senior couple, and their kids in Nordhausen called us and invited us over for Strawberry cake with cream! Elder Anderson was so excited and we were right outside their wohnung, and hopped off the bahn. It was 5 after 9 as we were returning home. As soon as we touched the ground off the bahn, I was warned that if I go in the building I wouldn't be home on time. Well, I didn't say anything, I didn't open my mouth because Elder Anderson was so excited, and I didn't have the courage. We tried to still be home by 9:30, but we missed it because a Bahn came late. How stupid I was for not opening my mouth. I felt devastated that night as I disobeyed the promptings of the Spirit. I wrote in my journal, "I feel like Joseph Smith when he lost the 116 pages." Maybe overdramatic, but after studying the power of obedience that morning, I was devastated. We should be courageous in following the Spirit and obeying. I learned my lesson.
This week went pretty normal after Monday. I felt weakness in my work the next day from being disobedient, but we just kept working at it. Wednesday night I saw a man, and had a feeling I should go talk to him, and he was walking into the Post Office. I struggled within, but finally I ran to him, before he got in the post office, and talked to him. He's really awesome, from Romania, and he and his wife came to church on Sunday! He's the happiest man I've ever met, and just really has life figured out very well, well, almost... I'm glad I finally obeyed the Spirit this time. We were praying for him Saturday night that he'd come to church, and 10 seconds later he called us and said he'd be coming to church with his wife. We ended our prayer early for his call.
We had Zone Conference this Thursday, and it was really amazing as usual. They are power packed, and Präsident Ninow makes sure he is teaching us exactly what we need to know to improve. Last time it was with teaching clearly, this time it was geared to progressing investigators. We have a "Zero Lesson" we do with investigators the first visit and it just sets expectations and the whole big picture for them. If they choose they don't want that, we don't waste our time with them and move on. We have to have the Faith the Lord will prepare them later, and we don't have to teach them right now. The next day as we became really ready to try this lesson, and with the Goal of baptism in mind, the Lord led us to so many people, and helped us find those who are ready. He did that because we were ready to teach them. We found 5 solid investigators in 3 days. They are all really awesome! Our numbers exceeded our goals, and we set a record for our companionship. We are getting the members excited and really involved and we already have 75% of the lessons we'll teach this week are member present lessons. Things are just working out amazingly well.
I am so happy, and I see the Lord's hand in the work everyday! It's so great to be a missionary, and I love it. I am slowly but surely becoming better. I understand the german a lot better now, and I can communicate. I am so glad the Lord really carries me throught. I love you all, especially my family. I want you to know I love you so much, and I miss you. The day will be bitter-sweet when I come back home. Sad to leave my mission, happy to see you. I know we are God's children and that He loves HIs children. I testify of this everyday, and I just know even stronger every day.
Mit Liebe,
Elder Liddle
1 comment:
Can I get Matts address?? I'd love to send him a letter :)
Post a Comment