Sunday, June 18, 2017

Week Five

Sounds like a lot of cool stuff is happening! I'm super happy to hear about Roberts writing conference, and James too! Send me pictures of him once he starts walking and stuff! And I would love to see what your quilts look like. I teased you about it, but it's the coolest thing! 

This week has been pretty intense I guess. Not really, but I can pretend :) It's been a lot of study and study and study, and surprisingly a ton of fun too! I've been working out more, and the elders here are awesome, and we get along really well. It's weird, but I have been super chill this whole time ...  mostly I'm just happy ever since I got set apart, it's a huge blessing for me. I've also been studying like crazy it feels like. I fall asleep sometimes still, but I'm improving that, and I'm also going to make sure to take a nap as a P-day activity so I can catch up a bit on sleep.

So question: what references have you found to the kingdoms of glory in the Book of Mormon? I've been trying to find everything in the Book of Mormon, but that's a harder one to find. I had to realize though that Joseph Smith was a prophet, he translated the Book of Mormon and received additional revelations. I'm going to study section 76 to learn more, but I'm curious.

We had some cool teaching experiences lately, I haven't talked about that a ton. We teach the teachers and they act like investigators, it's super cool, and we have had some good times with it. There have been a lot of good experiences with things, but yesterday we taught Rosa (Hermana Wolthuis) and we had a lesson plan, but we went with it and followed the Spirit, and my companions and I said some things that definitely weren't from us, and she told us after that we helped her a lot with things in her actual life. My teachers are awesome. We also had our last time of TRC on Thursday, and it was sad to leave Diana, our investigator. We don't know if she was already a member or just acting, but regardless she told us that we really helped her in her life. I think she was a member, but I'm just happy to fulfill my purpose and invite everyone to Christ. The other companionship had a real investigator, and she's actually getting baptized, so that was really cool. I have found that when you focus on the people you teach it's so easy to love them, and it's an awesome experience.

I'm going to send some pictures too. The one with a teacher is Hermana Johnson, she subbed for us a lot and it was the last time she would sub with us probably. The pictures are super awkward and I love it. There's also my companion shaking president Uchtdorfs hand. I didn't because I was sick, but it was still cool to see him. There is also my district with Elder Davis who is now in Argentina in a good old boy band pose. There is also the most recent zone picture. I'll probably send a few more to my gmail, I think I already did actually.







Another email:

Tell Zack that an Elder Hutson from his old ward in Illinois is in my zone. And I found out sewing is hard when you're tired. And I can't figure out the needle threader.

In response to a letter from Dad:

I hope you guys have fun in Capitol Reef! And yes, we definitely always have more to do. I have a few sewing projects that I've had a hard time completing because of how busy we are. My study is also always never enough. There is always so much to learn, I love it! I used to sort of think I knew it all, but now I know how little I knew before. I love how we can find all answers in the scriptures.

As far as Spanish goes, we had a new mission president come and talk with us, and he didn't speak any English. I could understand most of what he said, but a few things went right over my head, and when he and his wife both spoke at once for one part I didn't catch a thing haha. It's good to know I still have more to learn, and I love the opportunity. That is so cool that you are working on more language stuff too!

... Enjoy your Father's Day! I think about you guys a bunch, I'm so glad that I get to hear from you all. I'm working hard out here and I think I'm in a good place. I responded to moms email with more stories and stuff, and I also have a couple handwritten letters to send. It really is amazing practice for me, and I love writing to you too. I'll try to send those soon.

Love,
Elder Liddle

No comments: