Well, I am not sure what else to write at this point, but I was going to write more today. There just isn't much anymore. I have some pictures, but mostly like 35 random selfies with everyone, and then pictures of some art and stuff, but I'll figure that out later. Hermana Wolthuis is sick, and that makes me sad. She's an awesome teacher, and then our other teacher has been out of town, so we have had lots of subs. It's still been awesome and we are learning a lot, and the new buildings are the greatest! They are so beautiful, and there is a room where music can play softly in the background and we can study there. It's my favorite place so far. And at this point I just did a killer workout with another elder, and it's actually tiring to just type on this iPad haha, my arms are dead. But if I keep it up that will change real quick :)
Elder Liddle
In response to an email from Dad that started in Spanish:
Alma academy and other mission prep things have been so useful. Knowing the lessons as well as I do helps me out a ton with focusing on learning the language and refining my knowledge. ... I sent a letter to Matt and Mike about the Sabbath day, I think that's an excellent time to live like a missionary does. I am finally starting to understand more about the importance of it all. The Sacrament is a vital step in the doctrine of Christ, so the day should be more focused on it, and that day should be given to the Lord anyway.
... I love learning languages too, and honestly it's a huge comfort to have you speak Spanish, because I feel like it will be useful to have fun talking with you if nothing else. It's still sometimes hard for me because I just want to do everything. I'm starting to really love it though, especially just reading the scriptures in Spanish.
The new buildings are so awesome! There are tons of beautiful places to study, and on every floor there are original awesome paintings that are beautiful! We were kicked out of our first room though, and we got put in a room with a window half the size, so we joked around and had fun pretending we were driven from the promised land. We have a lot of fun here, and we also try to study hard. It can be hard to focus and study well, but personal and companion study are both getting way better. Language study is hard for me, but I have several ideas to improve it, so it should start going better. I really can feel the Lords help in everything I do, and my faith is increasing. I'm trying so hard to get some of the blessings that are promised in my patriarchal blessing. I'm trying really hard to learn more every day. Thanks for the letters, I'm really happy to get emails. Oh, and if you see Marianne tell her that I'm really thankful for her letters. I'll write her sometime.
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment