I'm really excited to get out, we prayed about our investigators that we would meet on day 1 out there, and I'm stoked to get out there and start helping people. It's going to be hard, but as they say in Star Wars, "this is where the fun begins!"
Also:
I'm ready to get out there, we learned a ton of cool stuff this week. It's been hard to focus, but I'm doing the best I can. I'm also working on using the Atonement to improve myself more, like helping me stay awake better, and it's helped a lot. I'm focusing a lot on diligence and humility still, and my study is focusing around the doctrine of Christ and the Plan of Salvation. I want to be rooted in the doctrine of Christ, that's how we become converted, by following the steps that we are given.
We had a devotional on Sunday from Donny Osmond, and it was hilarious. He gave some pretty good insights, but it was definitely different from when a general authority is giving a talk haha, and he's a very interesting guy too. He's really faithful though, I respect it a lot. The devotional here are always amazing, and we get super cool insights into missionary work.
His new mailing address will be:
Elder Jacob Liddle
Ohio Cincinnati Mission
P. O. Box 11671
Cincinnati, OH 45211
Thanks for being someone I can rely on like that. It reminds me of a story from Elder Bednar, two missionaries were at his house and hung out for awhile. Then as they were leaving they asked for referrals. He said that he respects and loves them, but he would never give them a referral. He told them that they didn't feel like missionaries, they felt like two young men. He could tell that they probably weren't exactly obedient. He then told them how he thought missionaries he would give referrals to would act. They left shocked, but three weeks later they had changed, they came back and acted the way that he said. He could tell they changed, and he said that for missionaries like them, he had plenty of referrals.
I love that, I want to be that missionary like I know you were, and I want to be like that my whole life.
Hermana Wolthius:
Companion is asleep and Elder Liddle is awake (this time):
Pictures of the "Ponder Room":
No comments:
Post a Comment