Mexican people are really cool I've decided. Especially when they are members of the Church. Kind of like the people of Ammon.
This week was really cool. We got a few new investigators, and a couple seem really promising! I'm looking forward to it a lot! We also have a baptism scheduled for this Saturday! It was a guy who I never taught, but he's been out of town and he's back now and he wants to be baptized! I'm super stoked, partially because I get to invite all of our investigators to the baptism.
Missionary work here is way different than I expected. The phrase "they don't care how much you know until they know how much you care" applies extremely well. Basically we have to befriend people and use the members a ton. We have a few people that we reach without members, but all of our solid investigators are those who are friends with members. It's pretty cool. There is also a lot of reactivation work to be done, because people tend to work on Sundays, or have other things that make it so they can't come to church, so we visit them and make sure they have a friend at church. Basically the branch needs to get bigger so that we can have more member work, so we are working on that at the moment.
Food here is really good. We get fed every night by the members, so we are very well off haha. I love hispanic food so much! They do a really good job at cooking food, but table manners are pretty different. They don't really use utensils--they use tortillas for everything, or it's finger food. It's weird for me to get used to, but I'll get it with time. We also sometimes get fed twice because of visits after dinner where they give us food.
Also, I keep forgetting to bring my camera to send pictures. I only have a few, but I want to send them sometime. So I'll do that at some point.
Feel free to send me pictures of stuff too, I like pictures.
This is all I can think of for now, I'm loving life here! I love being a missionary so much, it's the best thing ever.
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment