Monday, August 7, 2017

Semana Diez: "Why have you not been baptized?"

So that's a Nacho Libre quote, because I've thought that a lot this week.

Tuesday we had zone conference, which was awesome! We got super good instruction from the president there, and it was also a lot of fun. It took all day though because traffic was so bad. There is a ton of construction. The biggest thing that I realized there is that there are a lot of little things that we can do to make life better. Sister Welch told us about some different things that she wants us to be doing, and basically she wanted us to be consistent. The biggest thing that gives me power in the morning is having that time in the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel.

The other big thing we were taught is that we tell not "idle tales." We have to really believe in the power of the gospel.  It's not just a tale about someone else, it's our story. Alma and Amulek, Ammon and Aaron, they really believed it and were committed to the gospel. I have been trying my best to really apply everything in the gospel to myself, particularly the enabling power of the atonement of Jesus Christ. I still have a long way to go haha.

Anyway, we have a couple awesome investigators right now! I taught one guy about the Book of Mormon, and I asked him if he believed he would receive an answer, and he straight up told me that he believed that we were called of God, like what is written in the Bible. It was awesome! I'm really hoping things go well there. We also had a baptism, and an investigator came and he loved it! He said he likes how our church focuses so much on Christ, because that's most important. It was a really cool experience. The baptism was really awesome too.  It's such a cool experience. Our mission has a Facebook page apparently, so I'm sure Mom can find that to get some pictures and whatnot.  Sister Welch was there. Oh, and Skyline Chili is pretty good. It's interesting, but I think I like it.

Anyway, that's basically it. Hopefully things go well with our investigators, a bunch of them are basically ready. I love you guys, and I pray for you!

Elder Liddle

No comments: