So I'm just going to start off with a miracle. We were trying to figure out where to go, because yesterday we had a walking day (if we use too many miles we have to have walking days), so we decided we wanted to check out a mark on our big map of the area. We talked to a couple of members about some things, and one of them offered to take us over there, and I felt to accept the offer, so we had him drop us off there. Turns out the mark was just another member's house, so we knocked and no answer. We then started walking back to our apartment, a little confused why we were led there. Just then we saw a lady who was sitting outside with the cutest dog ever!!! We started talking to her, getting to know her and whatnot, and turns out her dog is a chihuahua/pug mix! It was awesome. I decided to call it a chug, and it's my squishy, I will love him and pet him and call him George. We talked to her about life and religion of course, and we planted a good seed for the future I think. She also told us where an international village is, and it's close!! It was super cool, and that's why we were led there. It was a really cool experience.
Well, my new companion is Elder Whatcott, and we are twins as far as missionary stuff. We aren't exactly the same, but we are good complements for each other; it's so cool. I'm basically leading the area; it's been crazy. Like a chicken with its head cut off. Super fun though, just very different. I've been stressed, but we always work it out, and we are having a ton of fun.
Finding... It's going to happen at some point, haha. We are going to find out how to meet people in Covington and some other places. We are really trying to contact some really good potential investigators, but it's been difficult.
Teaching! It's been really cool, we have a few people to teach, and we've been really improving our companionship study to help them. We were seeking revelation for one, and after a lot of study and prayer, basically we are going to tell him that God wants him to read the Book of Mormon cada día [each day]. Because that's what God wants for all of us, and especially if you're seeking a testimony, that's how to get it. It was a really cool experience.
It's been awesome, my district is amazing, my companion is amazing, and my area is a gold mine! I still need to figure out where to dig though haha, and how to use the awesome power equipment I have. I also gave a blessing in Spanish; that was interesting. I hope I actually did it right. I'm going to print off the white handbook instructions for it in Spanish to memorize that.
Anyway, this week has been awesome, and I love you guys so much! I'm always praying for you. :)
Elder Liddle

No comments:
Post a Comment