Monday, August 7, 2017

Semana Once: Exploding Churros

We learned how to make churros this week. They explode if you make them wrong.  Luckily no one was near the oil so they didn't get burned.

I had a really cool experience just before branch conference where we visited a less active member. She didn't come to church because her son is autistic and basically uncontrollable because of that, but we talked about it (I was with a couple members) and offered to help and everything, and she started to seem like she was going to come. After that, I was asked if I wanted to share anything. I didn't really have anything, but I decided to open my mouth and let it be filled. What I said was pretty mediocre, but I tried my best to say what God wanted me to say. What I said was pretty "meh," but it sparked a discussion with the members, and the Spirit was able to come in and work with Elkin (the less active member) and also Benito and Elizabeth (the members I was with). She ended up coming to Branch Conference!

I have had some pretty cool stuff like that.  Also I met a crazy guy on exchanges with an English elder.  He went off about how the pyramids are nuclear reactors and aliens are fallen angels who messed with our DNA.  It was hilarious.

We also got to do some service this week, and we also got to visit Octavio!  He's a golden investigator, but he's hard to visit and get to church.

We had Branch Conference, and it was super awesome.  I've gotten a lot better at visiting members and encouraging them to be better.  I really love the members here.  Anyways, that's all I can think of, and that will help keep this letter short, so...

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: