Monday, August 21, 2017

Semana Catorce: I Am Spiderman!

So they took our car. And we didn't get bus passes until Friday. So we walked almost all the way home from Dayton, KY, to Fort Mitchell. I now have blisters, but they are so cool! The one on my one foot looked like the things on Spiderman's wrists from the older Spirderman movies! So I'm Spiderman now, it's awesome!

But really though, we've been walking a lot and it's been an interesting adjustment. The work sure goes a lot slower, but it's been kind of fun too. The time really flies, and we talk a ton haha.

Oh, and as you probably know from Mom, I lost my wallet on Saturday, so now we don't have bus passes again haha. I'm pretty sure my wallet was translated or something, because I've never lost that one before, and I have no clue where it was lost. We also weren't with enough people to get pick-pocketed, so maybe it fell out in the bus, so it'll probably turn up. But I still got all my cards cancelled. I don't want to risk it. That's why I'm glad I don't carry cash.

Now for the miracles! On Tuesday we got a ride to Dayton, KY from 'random' members visiting from Provo who were just driving around at the moment! They also both spoke Spanish, so we were able to practice! It was super cool. And we were an hour early to our appointment, but the guy was just waiting for us, it was awesome! It turned out perfect.

Next, we were with the other Elders in our branch, and we decided to go proselyting with them, so we split up at a trailer park. We found 4 Mexican guys playing basketball, so we joined them, and now we have 4 very promising potentials in that area! It was super cool, and they're going to play soccer with us Thursday, and now that we are friends we can be a lot more successful in teaching them. :)

Also, peaches were really cheap so I bought some. I count that as a miracle. :) They taste so good.

Then, Benito visited an investigator with us, and he basically taught the whole lesson and committed them to church! They didn't end up coming, but we'll be back, because the one guy is reading the Book of Mormon. It was awesome!

Then yesterday, we taught primary and the hispanic version of Alice was there and she was the cutest thing ever! She talks in the cutest way and was super concerned about participating and being good in primary. It was so cute! She and Alice need to be best friends if they end up near each other.

Well, this has been long, but I can't help it! There are so many miracles! It's the greatest to be out here!

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: