I keep forgetting about that stuff, so no, I'm not celebrating haha. Sounds like an awesome house! Though it's got some work to be done haha. I'm glad that their house is turning out well though. And the neighborhood is good too!
It's basically been raining all week. We got caught biking in a downpour twice this week! So I was soaked, along with my new shoes. They've dried out by now, but it seems the water resistant stuff is just resistant haha. But they're fine now. My bike got messed up, the part of the back wheel that holds the axle got bent, so I went and bought a new wheel today along with a headlight. Kind of a bummer, but it should go better now. I actually made 2 videos of all the "wo is me" stuff, but the moral of them was that I still feel awesome despite it all, I'm a missionary, and this week especially I feel like I've helped people!
Technology really is the best, we use it a ton as missionaries, and it helps so much! It connects people, helps us share experiences, helps us share knowledge and teach each other! It's just awesome, especially for the moving forward of the Gospel!
I got the birthday package, I haven't tried everything on yet, but it seems awesome! The apron should be pretty useful actually, and the pillowcase is really soft! The water bottle fits perfectly in the cage thing too, so that's gonna be amazing, I've really been looking forward to it! The candy is good too ;) though gummies are still more painful to eat, it's worth it haha. Thanks.
Well, I'll write the rest of the weeks things to Dad, I love you a ton though Mom! Thanks for being so awesome!
Love,
Elder Liddle
Good job! It's pretty cool how much you can still do at your age! Haha, I just had to throw that in with the joke about my birthday. You'll have a walker ready for me, but then you'll be the one to use it ;) the comment about entering my third decade did make me feel old though haha. I'm not going to be a teenager anymore. Maybe I'll magically become more mature, or taller (I just need to think harder, like you always say, right?).
It sounds like you've seen some cool meetings lately. The scriptures are our best tool. I love seeing how they weave together like you mentioned. I hope we both continue to make progress, we had some pretty cool stuff happen up here too! Elder Rasband came and spoke in a special stake conference, and it was awesome! We had two returning members attend with us, and they had a great experience. I was ecstatic to see them there! It's also always a cool experience to hear an apostle speak. He talked about families, how important they are, quoting several prophets and teaching that they are the most important people we minister to. We never fail until we stop trying. No matter the outcome, we only fail if we stop trying. I took some good notes, I wish I had them with me right now. It was very impactful to me, we must aim for a celestial family. We have to raise eternal families. And we never fail unless we stop trying. I think that's why God never fails, even when we reject the Gospel, He never ceases to try. I won't fail except by ceasing to be diligent. Maybe I'll be sad, disappointed, or extremely happy, but I need never feel guilty. We've had several challenges this week. It's not easy. But we have seen miracles. We helped a bunch of people this week, we were able to teach, and we taught with power. We testified. We learned and applied from Preach my Gospel. We brought two returning members to stake conference with Elder Rasband, and they loved it. I opened my mouth and got a new investigator for the other missionaries here. We helped people feel good, we helped people connect with God, we helped people remember happy memories. I felt the Spirit. I did good. I feel like it was a successful week. It was hard, but with those trials came miracles. I improved, and I feel that God blessed me. He gave me the improvement because of small acts of faith. I'm very happy.
It's an amazing blessing to have the Gospel. I love the scriptures, I love my investigators, I love God, and I'm so grateful to be here. Nothing could be better. Thanks for raising me to be a good person. Thanks for being patient with me, and continually trying to teach me how to be good and get better. Thanks for loving me. Thanks for loving Mom so much, and giving me that example. That's the thing I'm most grateful for I think, all else aside, I know that my parents are sealed for eternity, that they love each other and are devoted to each other. It gives me so much peace, and I've been able to see the example that I want to emulate. You're good parents. Thanks.
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment