I'm so happy! The best part about being a missionary is that even when challenges come, it doesn't matter as long as we're working hard and testifying! It feels so good to help people, even if we only have 10 seconds to tell people about how God loves them and they can be happy, it's awesome! We've had a lot of good experiences with that lately, like last night how we asked some members to pray and think about a street we could visit. I literally never tract, but we were going to by using the faith of the members to help us. We went to the street, talked to one guy, and then we saw a bunch of Hispanic people outside and talked to them. It was perfect! One of them remembered meeting Elder Gonzalez and was really open, and we are coming back on Sunday! I talked to an American lady while he talked to the other guy and she also wants to come to church. It was a really cool experience!
So as far as news goes, our mission boundaries are changing more than we thought! We were going to receive Dayton East and Toledo stakes, but now we are only getting Dayton East (which makes sense because Toledo is super far from us, but right by Detroit). We are also losing the Fort Wayne and Muncie stakes to Indianapolis! It's super crazy, especially because we are losing some missionaries to them, but it's going to be for the best, but a lot of missionaries are pretty sad. I'm personally fine with it haha. So that was crazy. But it doesn't affect me much. I'm staying here, and receiving a new companion, Elder Hayes! He was up in Miami River in my old area, and he's a super great guy. We actually lived in the same building back at BYU without knowing it haha. So on Tuesday I'll have a new companion! I'm excited!
I'm actually going to be focusing on a similar topic to Joshua. I'm going to really try to stretch and grow my faith this next transfer, it's going to be awesome.
Oh, and we had a lesson appointment with L____, and she turned it into a birthday party for me in honor of you haha. And her friend also had a birthday recently. It was super fun, she's the sweetest. Our apartment complex also happened to be having a free breakfast that day haha. It was super fun.
Well, that's really the majority of the week. We've seen miracles, helped people, testified and had a great time doing it!
Mission life is good life.
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment