Monday, August 20, 2018

Semana Sesenta y Cinco (Week 65)

This week was another amazing one, and we had the transfer call on Friday.  I'm staying in the trio! We were sure we wouldn't, but here we are! So I have another 6 with these two amazing missionaries; I'm very grateful. Our area is going back to the smaller version of what it was before, but we still have plenty to do.

So our apps are basically all gone [Due to a temporary technical glitch HQ is working on. —The Editor], meaning that my planner app is gone, meaning I don't have notes to look back on for the week. Also my notes app is gone too haha, I used Google Keep and that's where I had a bunch of secondary info for this sort of thing. But I'll see what I can remember!

So we started the week with a nice little exchange, it was a lot of fun, but not too notable. Wednesday was a good district meeting, followed by some more work! Which I also don't remember what we did haha. Basically without my planner and journal (which I was doing on Google Keep) there won't be a lot of specific details for the week. I'll skip to the good stuff.

We had an awesome lesson on Thursday with A____ and her family and they are progressing super well! They're back from Mexico and we dropped off muffins at their house just before they got home and they loved them! They even arrived hungry, so it was better! We're really excited for them; they came to the branch Noche de Hogar [Family Home Evening], and had a blast! V____ and J____, the two girls, are also doing amazing! V____ especially is so sweet, and they are progressing a lot. So we have some good things happening! On Saturday I was on an exchange with the zone leaders, and it was awesome! I wanted to improve on talking to everyone, and that morning we went on a run (with a killer hill) and we talked to a lady and planted an amazing seed! We spent the rest of the day talking to people, teaching, getting rejected, and planting seeds. It was amazing. I even was able to talk to a Hispanic lady who lives in our area and taught her the restoration! She is really golden too. It was a day full of miracles and I felt the Spirit a lot and learned a ton! I also got destroyed by mosquitos. There is a picture of my elbow on the shared drive haha. They love me. I've been told I have "sangre dulce" ["sweet blood"] so I guess that's good? We also took pictures on a member's motorcycle. That was cool. We're doing well, and we are working hard out here even if I can't remember details. I've been taking a lot of baby steps to improve and it's worked miracles! It really is the small and simple things!

I also loved Julie's pictures she sent, and we had enchiladas catrachas! (Look for the tostadas in the pictures I have up) They are delicious, I've decided I really like Honduras, they make good food and they're good people!

I love you a lot, have a good week and keep doing the awesome things that you are!

Love,

Elder Liddle








No comments: