Sunday, September 16, 2018

Semana Sesenta y Seis (Week 66)

So awhile back you guys asked if I had run over any critters on my bike. Well, Elder Gonzalez ran a squirrel over with the back tire of his bike. It jumped right out, got squished a bit, and jumped right out of there! It was pretty funny.

We had an awesome stake conference yesterday! Richard J. Maynes of the seventy was there. Honestly I wasn't able to focus too much because I was translating for a decent chunk of it, but that was super awesome! I really enjoy it. I also remember that Elder Maynes' talk was really good, even if I don't remember tons of specifics.

This week was amazing! We were so busy, which was the best! We have had meaningful contact/a lesson every day, and most days multiple meaningful activities. I've learned that just like one bad thing can ruin a day, one awesome thing can do the same. So I've really focused on making my mornings what they should be, and it's made the biggest difference! I feel healthier, happier, and I've connected with God so much more! I cannot overemphasize the importance of powerful prayer, scripture study, Sunday worship, and obedience. It changes lives.

The first lesson of the week was with a lady named T____. She has never really been to church much, but she knows that God is good and that she needs to find the truth. It was amazing to testify of the restoration to her, and help her see that she will find the truth here!

Wednesday I had a great time at district council.  I've grown to really enjoy teaching. It's easier than I thought to give a training, and I've got a few under my belt now. The best part is half the time I don't do the teaching. I try to set up the training so that there is a lot of discussion about a particular topic, and then everyone learns together!

Thursday was particularly awesome. We started the morning with service, which was really fun and we helped a bunch. We then had back-to-back lessons with some of our most progressing people! A____ and her family were super excited to meet with us, and they are so elect! We just need them to read and come to church and the rest will come pretty quickly I believe. It was so awesome, but it's the husband in that family that definitely loves to talk! He's super cool, but it can be hard to focus in haha. The other lesson was with E____. We didn't have tons of time, but we were going to talk about the Doctrine of Christ, which he had actually been trying to find information about! We invited him to read 2 Nephi 31 and he was excited! It was super cool to see how we sometimes answer prayers and help people complete their searches without even trying, just by living well and doing what we should! Afterwards, we sent Elder Gonzalez with another companionship to one of our lessons while Elder Taylor and I went to the other. It fell through for us, but we were able to contact several people and it helped a ton!

Friday was also amazing. We did some more service, and then later that night we had an amazing lesson with someone who has had a very hard time praying - he feels like he can't. It's been an interesting situation, but we went in and I was able to open my mouth, and I felt like my tongue was totally unbound! I was able to address his needs, and I felt like I was able to do so very directly and clearly. I testified powerfully, but I don't even remember half I said! It was totally the Spirit, and no one else. My companions also testified powerfully after and it turned out wonderfully!

Sunday we were also able to teach J____ and V____ again, they are the cutest little girls! They are progressing well, and I want to do everything I can to make sure they stay firm! It's been so amazing.

We also got matching trio ties! They're super cool :)

I love you so much, thanks so much for all you do. I really like that scripture [D&C 31:3-7]; it holds some of the greatest promises of missionary work, and it really helps explain why I'm so happy out here.

I pray for you every night.

Love,

Elder Liddle


No comments: