Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Semana Setenta (Week 70)

This week has been solid!  I got the tie hanger, and it works great!  It's nice to be a bit more organized.  Thanks a ton!

So there isn't a ton that's happened that's super different or anything, but we've had a lesson every day but one, and when that happens I'm very happy!  The more we teach the happier I am.  I really can't think of much to say about the week haha.  We haven't done much out of the ordinary.  We had a couple cool things, one is that Elder Taylor got a package and it had 3 of most things, so that was nice.  We also had a really cool miracle getting ice cream!  We went to a gas station on our way home for the night, and the lady at the register likes going to different churches, so it was awesome to be able to talk to her!  We haven't heard yet if she came, but I think she will.  She started the conversation and everything, it was really cool.  We've also biked a good amount, which I have started to enjoy quite a bit.

Probably the biggest take aways from this week have been about prayer and scripture study.  I've been able to find so much solace in those two things, and I've learned that God visits us as we pray diligently and with faith.  It [takes] real effort, but it's worth it.  I've also realized the importance of being exactly obedient as far as mornings go.  A good morning sets you up for the good day, and when you're being obedient it's a good morning.  I have so much more power and joy in my day if I have a good morning.  A cool insight I had in the scriptures was in Alma 11 and 12.  It was really cool to see how Alma and Amulek reacted to such opposition.  They really testified super plainly of the gospel; it's amazing.  I was able to see how that applies to me when people react negatively to us or try to catch us in our words.  That book is certainly amazing, the truest book on earth.  I'm always happy to help people learn about what I've learned.

So that's basically the week.  Oh, and I had part of a potential song pop into my head.  The only problem is I'm not a great poet and I've never written a song before haha.  But I'm still going to try to write it haha.  Speaking of songs, I was shown an album by Rob Gardner about the last week of Christ's life called Lamb of God, and it's amazing!  I understand that he also made one about Joseph Smith; is there any chance that I could get that?  I know that one of the songs on the Joseph Smith one would be "My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee", but that's the only one I know of so I don't actually know if it exists haha.  Just that one alone is really good though.  It's based on 3 Nephi 22 and D&C 121.

Life is good!  I'm gonna keep working hard and doing the best that I can!  I love you so much; keep doing awesome and being safe!

Love,

Elder Liddle



No comments: