I've been waiting for Saints for a long time now haha; that's the closest we get to a big media release here. I'm most of the way through, and I noticed a lot of those parallels as well [between experiences in the Book of Mormon and among the early Latter-day Saints]. I wonder if they did in the moment or if they had to look back to see them? I think everyone should read it, it's entertaining, interesting, seems painstakingly accurate, and a lot can be learned from it.
That's so cool that you have a bunch of General Authorities coming! We had a mission conference on Saturday with Elder Kevin S. Hamilton of the Seventy! It was amazing, he taught us a lot and answered many questions I had. I felt so blessed to be able to learn from him, and I felt the Spirit a lot during that meeting! It gave me a lot of clarity on what I should do, and how I can help people here. We also had a spectacular zone conference this week. The biggest focus that I got was to help people have an experience with the Book of Mormon, not just read it and not just briefly touch on it. That's what helps people gain faith. It is our most powerful tool in conversion. We worked on helping people apply it to themselves and how we can really help them, not just invite but invite and then help. We also talked a lot about the difference between salvation and exaltation. That's a difference in the new version of PMG; it talks about that. It's an interesting point of doctrine that can help clear a lot of things up.
As usual, it's been a busy week. Right off the bat Tuesday was pretty busy. It was cool, we had a great experience finding some new people just by feeling a prompting to go to a specific area. We also had a great lesson with T____, our investigator who is doing really well! It was all about prayer and we think that she's really getting it. She's started praying differently and asking for help more rather than just saying she's grateful. Both parts are important, especially when seeking revelation.
Wednesday was that awesome zone conference, but we also had a pretty good experience finding again. The zone conference took up most of the day though. I didn't mind, it was very spiritually uplifting.
Thursday was super fun! We had lessons with E____ and also A____ and her family! E____ is doing super well, he believes the Book of Mormon is true and we're helping him gain a stronger spiritual witness of it and have him come to youth activities. A____ and her family were super tired from a trip that they just returned from, but we had a good lesson and afterwards played soccer with them and some friends of theirs that they want us to teach! It was really fun, and I'm looking forward to having things continue to get better.
Friday was super cool! We had another lesson with T____ which was about receiving answers to prayers, and it went super well! After, we felt like we should go to a certain area and see who we could find. We saw a bunny on the side of the road, and we thought that was kinda weird. Then as we went to knock on a door, we heard a noise, and then saw a car with a bunny behind it... They just killed it! We're pretty sure it jumped out on them. They didn't know what to do, so they just waited like 30 seconds and then left. We knocked on the door, no one was home, and so we went over to the bunny. There was a kid there, and we talked to him. Turns out it's not their bunny, but they fed it sometimes. Their mom came out totally sobbing! She was devastated. A couple other neighbors also came out, and we broke the bad news to everyone. Someone knew where the owners lived (kinda) and we scooped it into a box and took it there a street over. They were a Hispanic family and a young man out front talked to us. We were also able to talk to him a little about the Gospel and get a return appointment! We also talked to the other mom who was super sad, she invited us in and talked about how she went with a friend to our church in Washington, though it was in English. We're super excited, and God used that bunny to help us bring others closer to Him. Through small and simple things are great things brought to pass.
It continues! I had a great experience with a man we were teaching on Saturday, he has met with tons of missionaries and he talked about how he had an experience last week after our visit, and he's finally starting to feel some of the change happening! We've taken baby steps, but they're the biggest steps he's taken I think! It was a cool testimony of why I personally am here and why God wanted me to testify to him specifically! He also came to church on Sunday and I think that he's going to finally be able to make some changes!
Sunday was amazing, I love church. Some weird things happened that day so we didn't have tons of time to be out and about, but it was really good. We thought we had an appointment fall through, but when we went to visit a potential our investigator was sitting outside! It was a tender mercy that helped me a lot.
I also was able to talk to a lady today and give her a copy of the Book of Mormon while getting my hair cut! She just totally opened up and started asking me what I thought. It was crazy, and super awesome! I love that sometimes just our presence draws people and even though I feel like I'm not that great, I guess I'm doing something right! I know that the Lord is pleased, or at least He's going to make His work move forward no matter what! It has been so great! My piano piece is coming along nicely, things are good!
I hope things continue to go well back there. I love you all, thanks for all your support!
Love,
Elder Not-so-Liddle

No comments:
Post a Comment