Monday, September 17, 2018

Semana Sesenta y Nueve (Week 69)

Life has been pretty good here. I mentioned last Monday that I ate a Carolina Reaper. It's the hottest pepper in the world. To put it in perspective, a very hot jalapeƱo is about 8000 Scoville Heat Units (the units for pepper hotness apparently haha, abbreviated SHU), and the package of these that a member bought said 1.5 million SHU. So it was pretty bad. But that member is doing really well, he's been less active for a while and we've been helping him come back. We've been able to make lots of progress, and we took him to a YSA activity later that night and he loved it! So if eating the pepper had any impact on that then it was totally worth it haha.

Tuesday I had an exchange with the zone leaders, and nothing too crazy happened, we had a really good dinner (and I got the recipe for broccoli chicken casserole that is amazing) and a few good lessons. I really enjoyed the day, it was solid overall. I also was given some Oberto pepperoni sticks that they didn't want, and they were really good. Probably not super healthy though haha.

Wednesday we had a pretty solid district meeting, and it was a pretty uneventful day other than our investigator, S____, taking us to a really fancy Chinese buffet! I tried a clam (or mussel, I can't remember which) and I can say I'm not a huge fan. But I found out that crab can be pretty good, and there were lots of other good things I got to try. It was fun, and a good opportunity to talk more with S____.

Thursday was also great, we had an awesome planning session, and I also finished Saints Volume 1. It's really good, and honestly it just left me wanting to read more! I can't wait until all the volumes are released. We also were taken to lunch which was awesome as well. That night we had a good lesson with a couple new people where we were able to testify a lot of the divinity of Christ, of the Book of Mormon, and more. It was awesome to be able to teach like that. The guy kept saying that he wants to feel what we feel. Neither can read super well, so we were able to show them the smartphone apps which should help a lot! I'm really excited for them.

Friday was good, though it wasn't super amazing until the evening, but it was really good! We had a couple good lessons, and then we had a dinner and helped set up for the branch activity the next day, which was really fun! I also got to actually practice my song with people singing along, which was quite helpful.

Saturday was really fun. We did some service and fixed a tractor, visited several people, and then had the Noche Latina, where we had some fun activities, I performed and did fairly well, and we also got to see a lot of great performances. It was really good overall, I was happy with it. We also had a good amount of people, so it went very well.

Sunday was also good.  I love the opportunity to take the sacrament and reflect on what I've learned. We also had several good opportunities to talk to people that day and we biked a lot.  It was a good day.

Overall things are going pretty well! I'm learning a lot and I'm seeing that there's always more to learn.  I hope things keep going well back home!

Love,

Elder Liddle




No comments: