Sunday, September 16, 2018

Semana Sesenta y Siete (Week 67)

Haha, yeah every day is labor day. Even today when we had a stake soccer tournament, we had to make sure we were talking to certain people and doing certain things haha. I was thinking about labor day, and looking back I loved it, but in the moment I always complained.

Sounds like things are busy as usual! I'm looking forward to warm grape juice in the future haha.

I love some parts in Job! The Old Testament is hard sometimes, but it has endless amazing gems! A lot of missionaries don't like it, but I've found so much awesomeness in it! Those are the scriptures Nephi studied, and even the scriptures that Jesus Christ himself studied, knew, quoted, and loved! When he says that the greatest command is to love the Lord thy God, he actually is quoting Deutoronomy! I've been learning a ton, but I focus the most on the Book of Mormon. It's what answers the most questions, brings the most Spirit, and teaches the purest. It's a huge blessing.

I'm glad the raspberries and blackberries are doing well!

Someone asked, so I'll give a brief overview of our investigators:

E____: He's a youth, and his dad is strong in his church, so that's hard for us to get him to church on weekends when he's with his dad, but he gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon! I've never had it work so smoothly, we invited, he read, prayed, and kept at it and he learned! 

T____: Basically 0 background with religion other than she knows God is good and there are lots of churches. She's seeking the truth though, and she's super humble! She also automatically clarifies what she understands from what we say. It's super cool! 

J____ y V____: 2 girls who want to be baptized, they're super cool and really have learned a lot! They're having a few challenges because of being so young, but they're amazing! 

A____ y Familia: A____ basically knows it's true and wants to be baptized, now we're just working on the rest of the family. It's been hard to get them to pray, or at least it's been had to follow up on prayer. There's some unique challenges there, but they are really solid, and I think they'll keep progressing! 

Those are the main people, there's more though. We're also making a lot of progress with a less active member our age, and we found several people on Saturday by just being in the right place at the right time! One cool miracle was this little girl who approached us that night and told us to go talk to her mom so that she could learn about God! She overheard us talk to a guy who we got a return appointment with, and when we taught some other people on the way to her house she came up and walked with us to her house to introduce her family! It was really cool. I really enjoyed that night.
This week has been great, we did a lot of teaching, we had awesome meetings, and it was just generally great! Talking about the investigators talks about basically the whole week haha.
There's been good and bad times, I'm doing pretty well overall. I love my mission and I love the Gospel! It's really all that matters haha, without it there isn't purpose. With it, life is amazing.
Love,
Elder Liddle



No comments: