Sunday, August 12, 2018

Semana Sesenta y Tres (Week 63)

This week started off with a bang: we had an amazing zone conference! I have been growing in my ability to plan and focus and receive revelation, and this meeting was the last piece of the puzzle! We learned about staying focused, and really building a foundation. A lot of investigators don't have the foundation; we just keep moving forward and they don't know that the Book of Mormon is the keystone. We had been working on that and now we have such a better grasp of how to do it! We also learned about planning and commitments. It's been awesome! From there our planning and effectiveness has shot up! Sometimes we still aren't necessarily efficient, but it's better to take the extra time to make sure things are done right. We focus on individuals after all. So I guess that's a good description of the week: working as effectively as we know how to help these individuals progress! We've done very well too I think. We had 13 lessons, so around 2 per day, and we've done a lot of good. We have some interesting people though. First there's V____/S____ who wants to believe in God, but he can't bring himself to pray because it feels dishonest because he doesn't have that belief yet. He doesn't quite understand what role God has in his life. We've been working on the foundation with him. There's also K____. She's been taught for a year and likes the Church, but again, we realized she didn't have the foundation! So we reminded her of the first lesson, and she's going to pray to know that it's true! Then there's E____, he's a youth who is super religious, and he's extremely prepared! He asks the perfect questions, and he has an amazing understanding! We just started teaching him, so we're making sure to go at his pace and work on the foundation, and then we're going to build up a beautiful house from there! We taught him twice this week, and he really wants to know if it's true. He really wants to follow God and have answers to his questions. He's amazing, and he has a lot of faith.

Saturday was crazy, but in the best way. A missionary here left, and so we absorbed his area along with receiving another companion - none other than Elder Gonzalez! I'm super stoked to have him back, and the three of us are a powerhouse together! We teach well, complement the strengths/weaknesses of each other, and it's so much fun too! So we're a trio now! We've done super well too, and now we have a lot more work! We were shopping today, and we saw Jurassic Park shirts for 3 dollars and there were three, so we all got one haha. But really though, we just do really well together and it's super fun and also spiritual!

Speaking of which, I've received yet more revelation this week. I'm really working on connecting with God more, and we received counsel from President Welch about that as well. It's been amazing, and it brings miracles. Some of my biggest, seemingly unanswerable questions are so much clearer to me now! It's amazing. It's really not me, I'm really weak compared to lots of these missionaries, but with even my feeble efforts the Lord is pouring down blessings. Sometimes our best seems really feeble, but God makes up the difference for it. I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, they have given me so much peace and comfort.

I like to bake, I have fun with my companions, I'm a bit goofy, I love the scriptures, my name is Elder Liddle, and I'm a Mormon.

Haha, I like the I'm a Mormon videos. Thanks for all your support, things are going very well here. It can be pretty tough, but the Lord is supporting me. I never knew I could receive this much peace, joy, strength, and knowledge from the Lord. It's amazing. I can't describe it. I would just tell people to read The Book of Mormon and pray with real intent. It builds up so much, and though we may not have the strength to do a ton, the Lord changes us.

I love you both a lot, it's been a great week, and I feel awesome! Thanks for all you do, I've learned a lot from your examples over the years. I love you so much, and I'm so glad we're sealed for eternity! If we weren't, I don't know what I would do. You have given me the best blessing I could ever receive. Well, I guess until I get sealed to someone myself haha.

Love,

More love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: