Monday, May 11, 2015

Vecka Trettiosex [Week 36]

Hejsan!  [Hello!]

Transfers came, and I'm moving up to Täby to be in the office! If you ask anyone out here, I was destined to go. I have one friend out here who said I am the chosen Office Elder to bring iPads to the mission. We'll see what actually happens though. I'm sad to be leaving Elder DeMordaunt and Växjö, but excited to see Täby and be with Elder D's trainer, Elder Taggart! It'll be fun. I hear we're like twins.

This week was different. It rained all day every day again. We went out strong though with some big lessons. Our excommunicated member is getting closer. We also visited an old lady in our branch who agreed to teach me how to knit. Sadly I need to find a new person to teach me as I will be leaving before I learn all the stitches, or how to finish. We had a nice korv stroganoff dinner with the Delgados and a less active here. That was our Cinco de Mayo celebration!

We got another investigator committed to baptism this week, on Wednesday. He's really positive, and is good about reading and praying. We also got one of our other investigators on date for 25 July. She brought a friend to church this week, and has been reading well. We went to a grill party hosted by one of our members with her, and they didn't quite know how to work the charcoal grill, so my companion and I manned it, and ended up cooking some mean pork steaks and korv. It was a fun time. We also got to share a mormon message called, "Dare to Stand Alone." It is really great, and was a great home teaching visual aid this month.

On Thursday we had a good district meeting, and got roped into fixing bikes afterwards. It was pretty fun to get my hands on tools and bikes again. It's been a while. We were sitting there trying to fix the brakes on the one, and after a while it looked about right, so we had my companion take it for a ride. He comes over and tells us the front wheel is missing one of the cap nuts. Sure enough, that's why the brake was off to begin with. We replaced the cap and put the brakes back into alignment, and everything was great, although we got pretty dirty. Lucky for us this nice Croatian lady who lived there let us in to wash our hands, and we tried to talk to her, but she can't speak Swedish. And for those of you who are following the story on the Syrian man I committed to baptism on splits, he just got baptized on Saturday! It was crazy how prepared he was!

On Friday we went out to this little tiny town called Skruv. We were there to teach a less-active member, and afterwards we had about 1.5 hours to wait for a bus, and were really hungry. So we asked the local grocer where the restaurants in town are. She told us that there was a pizzeria just around the corner. We asked if there was something else. She said, no. Just that and the cafe across the street. Talk about small town. We ate a banana pineapple curry pizza at the pizzeria, and got talking to the owner, who was really happy to talk to us, and accepted a Book of Mormon. We visit this member weekly, so now we have another reason to be down there.

Friday afternoon and Saturday all of our plans fell through, which just added insult to injury since the Delgados left on Friday. But on Sunday I gave a talk in church, and it went really well. I talked about testimonies, more specifically about Jesus Christ. It was really fun to prepare, and everyone down here still thinks I'm an incredible speaker. I think that the scriptures and words of prophets are really powerful and true. They help make talks awesome. It really was fun to talk to the family that night. My nieces have grown! This week looks to be a great one. Both here and in Täby. Have a great week!

Mvh,

Äldste Liddle


Här sätter vi fart på tillvaron.  [Here, we set off on life.]

(And yes, Mom laughed.  -- The Editor)

No comments: