Friday, May 22, 2015

Vecka Trettiosju [Week 37]

Hejsan!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone, it was a great day!

This week was unbelievably busy!  Monday we were crunched for time because of all the last minute stuff we had to do in Växjö with the members, and tying up loose ends so that everything would be ready when I left.  We visited lots of people on both Monday and Tuesday, and it was two outstanding days of teaching.

Wednesday I boarded a train to Stockholm!  It was cool to see how much change had occurred in the area I was leaving behind.  Tuesday night I said goodbye to one of my favorite people I've met out here, after beating him and my companion in chess one time, and my companion one more time without time.  I got off the train in Stockholm, and it was straight to work.  We dropped of my bags, and then were out helping pick up missionaries who would be going home.  Then we had to prepare stuff for a meeting for them that night, and were there for the final testimony meeting.  It was super spiritual, and it went around and the missionaries who were going home all bore their testimonies, then the Assistants to the President, then my companion, then some senior couples, then the office elder I was replacing, and President gives me "the look."  It was a look of, "I'm not going to force you, but you're going to get up and bear your testimony."  So I did, and that whole night was a spiritual feast and answer to my prayer.  Sadly it took us until midnight to get to sleep.

5:30 am up, out, and at 'em.  We really didn't get time to rest because we had to have those missionaries at the airport on time.  Then we get home and have studies, office work, and a whole ton of big things to get done on no sleep or time.  We had a dinner with a member here who's getting ready to go to the temple!!!!  It's really cool!  Then in preparation for MLC [Mission Leadership Council?] the next day we had to pick up two of my great friends, Elders Israelsen and Krebs who just flew in from Umeå.  It was a fun reunion, and we got home and I finally had a chance to start unpacking.

Friday I woke up, said my morning prayer, and then stood up to see everyone coming in singing Happy Birthday in Swedish (Ja, Må han lever).  We had a fun realization later that the entire song is saying, "Yes!  He is still alive!  Live on!"  Pretty fun.  Then it was right into the gates.  I went on a run for the first time since the MTC, and it was great.  Then we had to get everything ready for MLC and set up after we studied, so still no breaks!  When we showed up at the Beckstrand's, they sang to me, then told me we (my companion and I) were going out to lunch instead of the first part of MLC.  It was really good, then we were back at MLC which was another incredible experience.  The Spirit was very strong there and taught me a lot about what I need to be doing to be a better missionary.  After MLC it was driving everyone where they needed to be, then picking up some equipment at different places so we knew where everything was at, and came back to do our weekly planning.

Saturday was another busy day.  We had some big problems come up in the office that we needed to solve, and all this while people were calling since they didn't realize the train ticket office would be closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so we had to order everyone's tickets at the same time.  Finally we got the chance to get out, and it was time for another member dinner, where we ate Completos!!!!!  It was really fun to have those again.  Everything went really great at correlation that night, and Elders Sahlin and Noso (the Assistants) surprised us with a birthday cake for me and we all sang again.

Sunday I realized how much I love this ward.  I connected quickly to lots of the members because lots of them work with computers for their job.  The others like the same music as me, or are just really cool people that I could just talk to.  We taught a youth sunday school class and did an activity that I learned from Seminary.  This activity has a 100% success rate still.  The instructer asks everyone in the class to think of a question they have.  Once they have a question, pray about it, and pray for the Spirit.  Then open up the scriptures, and read the first page you turn to.  You will get an answer.  It worked, and I was super scared that it wouldn't, but it did.  It went really well.  It was a great class.  After church we went to wish a member's brother's happy birthday, then visited a member, and it was an incredible day!  I love this place!!!!!

I really do know that God answers prayers.  This week is proof of that.  He is there and really does listen to us.  We must remember that He answers in His timing and his way, but He always answers us.

Mvh,

-- Äldste Liddle

No comments: