Sunday, October 15, 2017

Semana Veinte: Q&A with Elder Liddle

We met this guy on the bus, twice, and we were sitting at a bus stop, and he walked up and invited us to dinner! Turns out he was raised a member, but his dad fell away and brought the family with him, and now he is a little lost, and he also was disabled by a car accident. His name is _______, and he grew up in Mountain View, California!! I don't know if you knew him [The Editor does not know him].  I think he's a couple years younger, but it was cool to hear about that. We had an awesome dinner with them, and we will be working with them to get them back with us :)

Why do you no longer have a car?  Is it because of the losing of your wallet or something else? 

So we don't have a car because YSA took it, but honestly none of us really know why they got it... -_- But that's ok! The mission is short on cars, some sisters got hit and they took another car to replace it. Basically it would be nice to get one, but we are 'fine' without it ;) The other elders' car broke down for the second time. We are technically one area in the Branch here, but we split up into Northeast and Southwest, and they had the car.

When you said Elder Green was transferred are you in a foursome in your apartment or your area?  I know you hung out with the other Elders but you didn't make it clear how that worked. 

We eat dinners together with members, so they gave us rides a lot, but that is no longer the case haha. They live in Florence, we live in Fort Mitchell, but we still see and are in contact with each other a ton, so when Elder Green was transferred it was from OR1, and we are OR2. There is now a new missionary, Elder Smith, with Elder Gerber, and Elder Whatcott and I are still here in OR2. On P-days we spend most of the day together though. Losing my wallet is resolved all the way now :)

How is the missionary work going?  Are you teaching specific people or are you still just talking to people and doing the member missionary stuff you talked about?

The work is going pretty well!! It's hard to get people to commit, they are very lazy.  We also can have a hard time finding, especially because it's hard to keep appointments. For us and them sometimes, travel can be interesting haha. We teach specific people now, but we are always trying to find, and we don't have a ton of investigators who consistently keep appointments, so it's kinda crazy haha. So we do the member missionary work, talk to everyone, and when we can get them we have teaching appointments. The man who will be getting baptized is actually in Oregon for awhile, but he's been attending church, and he really wants it!! So when he gets back we will finish polishing his knowledge, and we will be good! Sorry about the lack of detail, without specific questions it's harder to answer stuff. And honestly it's just weird emailing haha. 

Are you going to send the Nazi coin home or just keep it and bring it home?  I (Mom) have some from the former Soviet Union that Dad got me.

I might keep the Nazi coin for now, though when I send a bunch of stuff it will probably be there, and then must be kept safe :) Also, I'll make sure to keep the Lewis and Clarke one. The Soviet ones would be so cool! There is so much cool stuff out here!! I love biking so much!! It's a lot faster, and though it's tiring, I'm excited to be getting better in shape, and I also am playing soccer in the mornings to keep in shape with that. It's way fun!

I will persevere!! Conference was amazing, and I was a bit surprised too (death of Elder Hales), though I had a little feeling about it.

How did you watch Conference?

Conference here is like the super bowl, but bigger :) We watched it with the Bibian family, and also at the church. We didn't get a ton of investigators to it, but there were a few, so it's a start. 


Elder Liddle

No comments: