Here are Elder Liddle's answers to our questions this week.
First of all are you getting transferred? If so where are you going and who is your companion going to be? If not are you getting a new companion or the same? Or do you know yet? Yep. I'm going to Ohio! [We think he means "the Ohio", cf. D&C 37:1,3, 38:32, 39:14-15.] I will live in Fairfield, Ohio, in the Miami River branch, so the area is MR2. My companion will be Elder Puzey. Our moms know each other now! It's going to be a pretty big change for me, but I'm super excited! The change will take place tomorrow.
What fun things did you do this week? Probably my favorite thing of the week was Friday, where we did the Cincinnati Contacting Challenge. I was on an exchange with Elder Gerber in Florence, and we contacted 50 people, and got one new investigator, which is a pretty cool thing because most of the people we talked to were Americans. It was such a fun day. We were trying as hard as we could to talk to everyone, and it led to a lot of cool experiences. It was an activity our zone did, and between the 16 areas we contacted over 1000 people! I also was able to help one of our investigators change the radiator of their car. We just passed by and asked if they needed help, and I was able to figure out one part they were having trouble with, and then they said they could handle the rest. So basically I'm a mechanic now. :)
What spiritual things did you enjoy this week? There was a lot! We met a former investigator who wanted to get baptized by knocking on a random door, we taught several amazing lessons, and the contacting challenge was super cool too! My favorite was that we stopped by a members house before turning in, and it turned out their daughter needed a blessing. Another member was coming, but we went to get them and they were looking for oil, which I had my vial of. He did the anointing, and then they asked the daughter (a 6-year-old who would be friends with Alice) who she wanted to do the sealing and she asked me to! It was a big tender mercy from God, it was a huge blessing to me as well as her. It turned out really amazing. I was really grateful for that opportunity.
What's the weather like? Is it starting to get colder? So it got cold all of the sudden here! It's windy, and I don't have my gloves haha. I'll probably get gloves and a hat out here soon. Maybe today even. We have still been biking, but we've walked more because it's not as cold as the wind with the bikes. It's pretty frigid now. Last night I wore my full suit with my winter coat on top. I think that it's more of the fact that it got cold so suddenly, I haven't had time to get used to it. But I'll have a car this next transfer. :)
What service opportunities did you have this week? The car fixing was the biggest, also the blessing. I can't think of too many other opportunities, oftentimes we ask if people need help and they say no haha. Actually, another one was we had a really nice conversation with a man in Walgreens, he talked our ears off, but you could tell he was really happy to talk to us.
How do you do your laundry/dry cleaning? In other words have you cleaned any of your suits? Most of the Spanish elders apartments have washers. There is a cheap dry cleaning place in Florence, but we haven't been able to get down there to use it, and now I'm being transferred, so I haven't cleaned any of my suits. Hopefully I'll be able to soon. :)
I know that the Church is true. I know it because I've read the Book of Mormon and prayed to know, and God made it known to me. Everyone in the world can have the same experience if they are willing to act.
Thanks for being so supportive of me as well. I realize more and more how young I am, and I am grateful that I can even be here. I want to become the missionary that God knows I can be. I have a lot I want to express, but I'll just leave it with this: I know that God is there, that He loves all of us individually, and He is the one who can help us become more than we are.
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment