[This is edited from a couple of emails sent to Mom and Dad.]
Now here is some more general stuff about the week: Elder Green got transferred and we got another brand new missionary, and he is so gold! I love working with him. But of course something crazy has to happen the first week, so their car didn't start on day 2, and we had a fun time trying to get to district meeting haha. It ended up working, but on Friday we had another meeting, and the car just straight up stopped working, and we had to push it off the road haha. It's a pretty bad car, don't buy a Ford.
Oh, and I found some cool coins, one is a 1944 Nazi Germany 10 cent piece! It was minted in Frankfurt, I think too, so that's another cool part. We got it at a Wendy's, and I think they thought it was a nickel, but it turns out it's worth like $15, and it's super cool. I knew it wasn't a nickel when I saw the swastika haha. I'll probably send it home for safe keeping. I also have a peso, and a Lewis and Clarke nickel. And a 1969 nickel, but I don't think it's valuable. I'll just hold on to it for now though ;) Coins are super cool, and I was reminded of you collecting your quarters, so it's been fun.
Well, I think that life is really improving. We fixed up the bikes that were here (the tires popped Saturday while I was on exchanges, but we have new tubes now), and biking is tiring, sweaty, and hard, but it cuts travel time in half! Now it's only an hour to get to Newport, and like 20 minutes to get to Park Hills, where we have 3 appointments set up!! I also feel really good biking, it's nice. I have had a hard time talking to everyone, but on a bike I thought I would just be able to ride on past everyone, but I stopped and talked to a couple people of my own will, and the Spirit has really been working with me to change me and help me become a better missionary! I just have to study and keep the commandments to let Him in, and then my desires and habits change on their own! Still a long ways to go, but I'm a much better missionary than when I first arrived! It's so cool!!! Also, the scriptures seem fresh and new to my eyes, they are so amazing! The more you read them, the better they get!
I went on an exchange up in Fairfield, Ohio, and it was pretty fun, but things are of course always weird on exchanges, so it ended up being mostly driving around haha. Good stuff. But we talked about dreams (I've had a few that are very interesting!) and blessings and such.
Honestly, the stories this week aren't super exciting, just transportation troubles, and AWESOME LESSONS, and a lot of doing random stuff to fix things.
I have a new phrase though! Mission life is good life!!!
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment