[From an email to the editor:]
I'll definitely have to be patient. A lot of the people we are teaching have never seen missionaries before, so we will need to work from the very basics.
We have seen a lot of miracles as well. We had zone conference, which was amazing. President Welch encouraged us to fully immerse ourselves in the mission, to really get "all in." Because of that I'm going to be giving up several things, mostly just talking about home and whatnot. It will be nice though. Once I get all in I will feel a lot better.
Also, we had a really cool miracle! We were waiting for the bus and we met Shawn, an 18-year-old who was praying for direction from God, and then he saw us! He was prompted to talk to some other missionaries earlier that day, but we ended up talking to him, teaching the Restoration, and giving him a Book of Mormon! He speaks English, but he's so cool, and it was an awesome experience! We also met a Spaniard and another Dominican family, so it was great!
I've been upping my game, and I really really love it. I'm pretty happy out here.
Q&A:
There is a Michelle Okelberry Cutler who posted a video on facebook that has pictures of you in it and I am wondering if there is a Sister or Elder Cutler or a couple that would have either done that or had parents do that? I don't know them, so maybe, haha. It's probably like the video that Sister Welch showed us.
Did your person who wants to be baptized come back from their trip yet? Nope, a couple more weeks, probably the last week of October/beginning of November.
Do you do JustServe.org? We had a ward training on this today as a combined Priesthood Relief Society meeting. I personally haven't ever used it, but I've heard of it.
When you said, a couple of letters ago, that the YSA took your car, is that a couple over the YSA or the YSA ward somehow can have a car or what? YSA missionaries got the car, but we're getting it back pretty soon!!! They never really use it, so I don't know why we don't already have it, but I'm stoked! There are a bunch of places that I want to go back to that are a bit too far. There are a pair of Elders and a pair of Sisters in the YSA branch out here.
Well, I feel like that's all I have to say this week. It's been a pretty busy day, and I still have a good bit of stuff to do, so I'm going to get going on that!
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment