Sunday, October 29, 2017

Semana Veintitres

Here are Elder Liddle's answers to our questions this week:

Are people getting ready for Halloween?  What is the ward/branch doing for Halloween (a lot of wards do a party or trunk or treat in areas where they don't want their kids trick or treating).  What do you guys do that night, is it a stay in your apartment or what? Yeah, there are Halloween decorations all over the place. Our branch is combining with one of the wards for a Trunk or Treat, and it's going to be so fun! We are going to try to invite investigators to it and make it awesome! That night I believe that we just do our normal thing and then we probably have to be inside early. That's the day of transfers too, so we will transfer locations, and then basically just be inside for the night. It should be fun! I hope. The party will be fun for sure though.

What was your spiritual highlight of the week? The highlight was one of two lessons we taught. We were knocking on a few doors, and we saw a hispanic lady taking out the trash, so we talked to her, and we sat at a picnic table and just had a really good talk about church and things like that. We didn't rattle off the lesson, we talked to her and tried to find out what she needs and how to help her, and it was super cool! We did a similar thing with another investigator named Carlos, he is a Dominican and it was a great lesson, I felt so good afterwards! Actually, we've had a lot of lessons like that this week, where we are really getting to know the people, not just trying to teach them a lesson.

When you talk to English speakers like you said you did, do you refer them to the English Elders or do you teach them?  I realize the one you talked to didn't necessarily ask for teaching but I wondered the policy. So when we talk to English people it's up to our discretion. We teach a couple English people, but we've also referred a lot of them to the English Elders. Once we get to the point that they are going to church especially is when they need to be turned over more, because the other missionaries are at church. Whoever comes to our church, we teach, and whoever wants us to come, we teach basically. Often we refer them, but if we are the only ones who go there often, we teach them. It's kinda a grey area haha.

What is the most interesting Latino food you have tried so far? I don't know what would be most interesting. My second night I had a full Tilapia fish with the head and everything attached. Honestly most of the food is just amazing! We had one that was called ropa vieja, which means old clothes, but it was also delicious! 

What has been your favorite? My favorite is probably Cecina, which is a special type of carne asada from Morelos. We also had shrimp quesadillas that were fried! It's such good stuff!

What is your least favorite? I am not a huge fan of Mole, but I'm trying to get to the point where I love it. I also don't really like cilantro. I haven't had very many dishes that I don't like though, even stuff that I didn't like in the past tastes fine to me now.

Well, this letter is a long one, but life is great here!

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: