Happy Fathers Day to my favorite Dad!!!
But really though, you're such an amazing father. I've started to see some of your personality traits in me, and I love it so much. You have loved Mom so much, and you don't just say it, you show it and live it. She's the most important woman in the world to me, and you have been the greatest blessing in her life that I can think of. I've also seen more and more how you have been an amazing father, and you've raised me to be a covenant-keeping man. Whenever I think of you, whenever you write me one of your amazing letters, I light up, and I feel better. I feel happy. Some of your lessons are finally sinking in with the help of the Spirit. You and Mom are amazing, and I'm in awe of how patient you both were able to be with me, how loving you've been even when I'm doing something dumb, and how you've used these opportunities to teach me. I can't even express my gratitude.
Blueberry Buckle really is the best. [That's the coffee cake dish Mom makes for Dad each Fathers Day.] I'll have to learn to make it. I love hearing about Shalom, and especially those songs, the Dust in the Wind parody is really good! (I sang it to make sure it all worked jaja!) I don't know that Boston song, but I would like to in the future! It's a great poem at the least! I'm glad you corrected the false doctrine too jaja. [Brother Benson had said, "Boston used to be a cool band." The stake president had to correct him—they're still cool.]
I'll write about the week to Mom.
Love,
Elder Liddle
Hi Mom! I love you! I was thinking about how great and fun you are when I read this. That's too bad that the painting is going slow. I've done some remodeling-type stuff, and it's pretty crazy. Once dresses come can you make sure to get about a billion pictures of Alice and Ella being so cute in them? Also all of you being super beautiful. :)
I've started to realize how important the Old Testament is. That story is really important I think. I'm glad you're learning more about it because then you and Dad can give me good advice in the future. ;) Hopefully Matt is fine. I'll pray for him. [Mom spent a lot of Fathers Day in the ER with Matt for a knee issue.]
Dad mentioned that, it sounds like he thoroughly enjoyed Father's day, even that part! That's something I've also seen here, sometimes I just want to sleep and rest and have fun but then I help someone and I realize it's infinitely better! I really love being a part of our family. Nothing brings me more joy than our family, especially knowing and seeing, not just hearing, how much you two love each other! It's inspiring. I wish everyone could be as lucky as I was, but I'll do my best to make sure my children are that lucky some day! Thanks for being faithful, covenant-keeping, loving parents. I've grown in my gratitude more and more as I've been here, I knew I was blessed, but I had no clue to what great extent it was.
The work was amazing this week! We didn't necessarily hit huge numbers, but we talked with so many people and we will have potentially 7 hispanic people at church if we're diligent in helping them out! My goal is to establish a Spanish Sunday School here before I leave, which has had a surprising amount of logistics to figure out, but it's been fun, and it would help this area so much!
So just an overview of how awesome it was, we started on Monday with a media referral who is super solid and used to go to church in W. Virginia, but they didn't have many people who speak Spanish there, so we have a great opportunity! The next day, we had an awesome lunch with S____ and she surprise invited one of our investigators who she is friends with, but it's hard to get a meeting! So she's basically the best. She also feeds the sisters even though they don't speak Spanish. We are going to teach them some stuff coming up. Wednesday we had an amazing district meeting, where I probably gave one of my best trainings about being a successful missionary. We read the 10 points from Preach My Gospel and I had everyone read a point, and then share what that looked like and how it changes their work. We also found out that a guy who we gave a Libro de Mormon to is totally reading it! He's had a lot of surgeries, so he's stuck inside, and he reads a lot! Sadly, he said he can't have us over for a while but we're going to check on him this week and see how he is. Thursday we got someone on Facebook ask us for a chapel tour, through an old facebook page some missionaries here used to use (with permission). We have to shut the page down, and he's from El Salvador, but it's still a cool miracle! We then had an amazing lesson with this one lady; she's super childlike, and has a very basic understanding of God. It's going to be cool to teach her. It's a little weird though; whenever I look at her she stares at me smiling, and when I look at my companion apparently the smile vanishes haha. I'm not sure she's "all there," but we will see. Friday we talked to a bunch of people and a Colombian guy who reminds me of Robert was there and we had a super-positive interaction! He's not active (he's a member) but it sounds like they'll be going to church in Kentucky for the Spanish branch! We also had a great lesson with a former investigator of mine, and his daughter was super interested! We also got fed mini pineapple-bananas and they were pretty good. Not like pineapple, but more acidic than normal bananas. Saturday the sisters had a baptism of the man I interviewed last week, but I was on an exchange so I missed it. But the exchange was awesome! Our areas overlap so we ended up being able to divide and conquer in many situations. We also had some crazy planning meetings with our ward mission leader. We are going to be [doing?] a lot of work; I'm excited! Sunday was also awesome where we had a bunch of good experiences at church and with various people. We also made a weekly video that we do for the Norwood ward, and it turned out really goofy. But it was fun. :)
Anyways, that's basically my week. This is probably the happiest I've been on my mission, though I'm stressed at times. It's all so worth it! I love it so much!
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment