I'm glad you had such a good experience! [At Wood Badge.] I love the life-changing experiences that we can have in places like that.
This week was pretty good out here too. A lot of the week was hard work haha. We're out here trying to find everyone we can, and it's not always easy, but we've had some good experiences. First of all, I've noticed that Hispanic people who talk to us generally have a good opinion of us. It's kinda nice. Second, we biked 12 miles one day and it was super nice because it's not as hilly here, it's all more gradual up and down. But my bike wheel might be messed up again. I have no clue how though. We have been having fun as we go around doing things. Some places we walk through look like a jungle, and other places look like farmland. It's been an adventure haha. I'm also trying to eat healthier and bake more. I got baking powder and I found out that muffins are super easy, and you don't really need a mix because it's just the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt premeasured. So I will try to take the few extra minutes and measure it all out. I also really like sourdough bread.
A note for Dad: the night after I got his email talking about the missionaries leaving early to get home on time, we actually passed up delicious cookies for the same reason! It was kinda funny.
I'm trying to avoid silk ties more with all the rain and stuff. But they were really nice for $5! Also, what happens if I do pumpkin pie without the nutmeg and/or ginger? I found out that nutmeg is super expensive! And I couldn't find it at Aldi, or it probably would have been cheap. Ginger isn't too much there. It's only organic, but it's still cheaper than the normal one at Walmart.
We had a really good lesson with one of our investigators, A____. She's super awesome; we talked about the doctrine of Christ and she wants to be baptized! Though we have some other roadblocks to work through. However, if we can get her husband on board and if their visa gets renewed then I'm confident she will be baptized and not fall away! I'm really excited! We also met a guy named A____ and he's really promising too. I love this area!
I can't think of what else to say now. But I love you all so much! I'm really happy for my brothers [both Matt and Mike are getting married soon], and Julie said she's waiting for me so I don't have to worry there haha. Life is good out here and it sounds like it's good there too! I'll keep working hard like you think I am! My teaching skills recently "leveled up" so to speak, along with my planning. It's kinda funny how sometimes it's gradual, but sometimes you learn something and gain a noticeable change from it. I love life!
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment