It's weird that Hailey Liddell is married. Lots of people are getting married, aren't they? Like BOTH of my brothers without me being there. But it's alright. I'm fine with it. I can live. If Julie gets married without me though I'm gonna die.
I'm glad you were able to have fun company! It's always nice to have cousins over. And Rees appreciation week sounds fun haha.
I'm so happy for Julie! [She received her endowment.] I got the picture fine; that's just so awesome! I'll get the invitation fine I think. My new address is 6709 Highland Greens Dr, Apt 117E, West Chester, OH 45069. Probably just give it to people who need to get me something quickly. If it's a monthly letter or things like that it's more consistent from the mission office so that can be good. But packages are better directly to me though.
Wood Badge sounds really fun. I'm glad you both get to have that fun and amazing experience!
Change can be hard, but not too hard this time haha. The area here is great! I really like it. It's not the city though, which is weird because I realized that up until now I've basically been in the city my whole mission. We aren't too far away, but there are occasional farms and basically every road is a highway haha. So this is as rural as it gets for Spanish Elders! There aren't tons of Hispanic people, they're scattered about or there are 6 or 7 places we can go to try to contact people, so that's very different too. We don't have a ton of members in our area either, but we have a few that are amazing! We also have a few really awesome people we are teaching, and we found several more this week too! One family we actually had 2 appointments this week. They dropped us, but we planted a really good seed. She had heard some false things and we basically just showed that they weren't true, and it really confused her, but I believe we left a really good impression. We were very kind and tried to just help answer her questions. It has been really fun teaching here.
I really like the area overall. We live in a good location, we have a Walmart and Aldi nearby. I showed Elder Taylor the magic of Aldi and I think he likes it. I'm going to make pumpkin pie for my district. I went to Great Clips and the lady didn't give me the best haircut, but I don't look awful. It's just a little more trendy than I would like. But it's not bad. I like that we live near Wendy's. And Speedway. Speedy freezes (basically just Icees) can be just the thing after a hard or hot day. We have had a great week so far.
We had a mini missionary, just a youth who was with us for a few days, and it was fun! He didn't speak any Spanish, but it was a good experience overall, and he is a good guy.
I was also very happy with District meeting! I really like being district leader, it's a lot of fun. I also have an awesome companion, his name is Elder Taylor and he is from Las Vegas. He lived in Orem at first actually, and he knows some people like Cole Wagstaff and Josh Hogard. It's kinda funny actually. We get along well, and he's an excellent missionary. I'm super excited for this transfer!
I love you both a ton!
Love,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment